The Virginia General Assembly is beginning their 2010 session on January 13.
There are a number of bills that are of interest to me and should be of interest to my fellow Virginia residents.
If you don't know who your delegate and senator is, use this link to find out. http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform
The link to the Virginia Legislative Information System is http://leg1.state.va.us/lis.htm and you can view pending legislation, meeting minutes, committee assignments and more.
So far HB112 seems to be the most controversial for me but the VLIS posted 80 bills last night and I haven't read all of them yet.
Soon to be posted, I hope, is the one being sponsored by my delegate, Kenneth C. Alexander, that I wrote concerning the lack of regulation of social workers.
Coming soon will be my opinions on certain bills as well as ways for my Virginia residents to participate in the legislative process.
If you don't yet know your legislators, now is the time to make yourself known to them and their aides.
No comments:
Post a Comment