Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cingular and ATT - A match not made in heaven

I was not particularly thrilled with ATT when they merged with Cingular. I was an ATT customer a LONG LONG time ago and I hated them. So they merged. And nothing really seemed to change. They "upgraded" the website and by upgrade I mean made it less user friendly.

I have a Nokia 6126. It took me about two weeks to decide on this phone. I knew going into it that the battery life was pretty poor. The phone was cool though. There is a little button on the side and when you push it, it snaps open.

So I got the phone and it was exciting. I made it all lovely and formatted to my exact likes. And then I took a picture of our Christmas tree and wanted to send it to my mom. I hit send and what happened? The phone turned itself off. I tried again with the same result. I turned the phone off and on and tried again. Same result!

I decided to just deal with it. It sucked but it wasn't horrible. Then one day, NO ONE could hear me when I called them. I took out the battery and it corrected the problem.

About a month ago, the send button didn't always work when I wanted to call someone. It was annoying to say the least but I was going on vacation and you have to return the phone within 10 days. I waited til we got back. By that time, my speed dial wasn't working. How did I realize this? I realized it when my entire family began to think I was an idiot. I had been talking to SD7. Then I hung up and dialed SD3. SD7 answered the phone so I apologized and said that I must have misdialed. Then I tried SD3 again and it went through. Hung up from SD3 and called SD4 except I got SD3. Weird, huh?

So, like an idiot, I paid $12 to have my replacement phone get here in 2 days. It came, I was super excited. I checked it out. My mom received my test picture message. I formatted my phone and later in the evening took a really cute picture of Cornelius. I went to send it to my mom and what happened? The phone turned itself off. I wanted to scream and stomp on the phone.

I called ATT first thing in the morning. I spoke to Zachary and Donna and they agreed to send me a third phone. I decided to google the problem and found DOZENS of websites with HUNDREDS of the exact same complaints. I then decided to call Nokia. They reset the phone to factory standards and the picture messaging worked just fine. I formatted my phone and it didn't work anymore. I was absolutely livid.

My newest phone arrived this morning. I decided to change only one feature at a time and test picture messaging after every change. I found the problem. Then I decided to take a picture of Simon and guess what? There is a freaking huge scratch on the camera lens!

Needless to say, I have just spent another 30 minutes on the phone with ATT and they are sending me a Motorola Razor V3xx in grey even though I really wanted the lavendar. And they are sending it 2-day at no cost. Seriously, if I don't like this phone, I am going to scream.

No comments: